Our Latest Sermons
About Reformation Church
Reformation Church exists to glorify God by making disciples through expository preaching, intentional community, and a commitment to deep theological conviction of the sovereignty of God, the sufficiency of Scripture, and the satisfaction of the gospel.
Geoff Ashley is an elder and the lead pastor of Reformation Church. He received a Th.M. (Master of Theology) from Dallas Theological Seminary and has decades of pastoral experience prior to being led to plant Reformation. He and his wife (Kaci), daughter (Larken), and son (Canon) have lived in McKinney since 2016.
Aaron Deck serves as an elder at Reformation Church. He and his family love being part of this body of believers who love God and his truth, love each other through practical service, and reach out to their community. He, his wife (Katie) and daughter (Evelyn) live in McKinney. Their son (Austin) and his wife (Elizabeth) also live in McKinney.
Mike Rhey serves as an elder at Reformation Church. His prayer for Reformation is that we would be a people who know Christ and make Him known. He and his wife have four children and live in McKinney.
Ed Komoszewski is an elder and the equipping pastor at Reformation Church. He earned a Th.M. (Master of Theology) from Dallas Theological Seminary and has experience as a church planter, pastor, parachurch ministry director, and professor. Ed and his wife (Shelley) have lived in McKinney since 2016. Their youngest daughter (Emily) went to be with the Lord in December 2021, and their oldest daughter (Kaitlyn) is pursuing graduate studies while working as a laboratory scientist at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN.
What a church believes and teaches is at the heart of its identity. In fact, it is theology (what is believed) that fuels doxology (worship). We are a church that exults in our convictions as we believe that truth is ultimately liberating and joy-inducing.
Below is a short summary of our foundational orthodox beliefs. For a more robust explanation of our theological convictions (especially on more controversial topics), please read our full statement of faith.
- the Scriptures are inspired, inerrant, authoritative and sufficient.
- there is only one true God, Creator of heaven and earth, who eternally exists in three distinct persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- all things exist for the glory of God who is absolutely sovereign and good.
- all humanity—Christ excluded—is sinful by natural descent and willful action.
- the deserved penalty for sin is physical and spiritual death.
- Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, was born of a virgin and is both fully God and fully human.
- Jesus Christ died as the sacrificial substitute to pay the penalty for sin.
- Jesus Christ physically rose from the dead, ascended into heaven and will one day physically return.
- there will be a future physical resurrection of the dead.
- those who turn from sin and to Jesus in faith and repentance will be raised to eternal reward while those who do not turn from sin and to Jesus will be raised to eternal punishment.
- only through faith in the person and work of Jesus Christ and repentance from sin can one be reconciled to God and experience true life and joy.
read our statement of faith here
New to Reformation Church?
First off, WELCOME! Whether this is your first time ever stepping into a church or if you’ve been in the church your entire life, we’re glad you’re here and eager to get to know you. Reformation Church is a new community of believers in McKinney, TX that formed in the summer of 2022. Here’s a few things you should know about us.
- We seek first and foremost to glorify God by making disciples and proclaiming the Good News of Jesus Christ to our community in North Texas.
- We are committed to faithful, exegetical teaching of scriptures. (We don’t skip around from topic to topic)
- Community matters to us! We know how difficult it can be to find real friendships and genuine community. At Reformation Church, we make a very intentional effort to get to know YOUR family and so that we can welcome you into OUR family.
Please click HERE to fill out our Connection Card so that we can reach out and learn how we can serve your family.
For more information on our statement of faith, please click HERE
Opportunities to Help
Ready to jump in and serve with us? Whether you’re gifted in childcare, hospitality, music or any other area of ministry; we’re excited to have you on the team!
Please click the link below to complete our Volunteer Survey so that we can help you get connected to serve the family of Christ here at Reformation Church. A member of our team will reach out to you soon to explore available opportunities.
Thank you for considering contributing to Reformation Church’s mission to glorify God by making disciples. Simply click on the “Give Online” link below to submit your contribution. If you have any additional questions about online giving, please send an email to email@example.com
HELPFUL THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT ONLINE GIVING:
- It is simple and secure, and only takes a few steps to submit your contribution.
- Reformation Church is a 501(c)3 organization, and all contributions are tax deductible.
- You can setup recurring payments through our online payment platform.
- If you prefer to give via a physical check, there are locked boxes marked “Giving” during Sunday service.